Mistletoe State Park PM Shift
Saturday, Nov 4, 2017
8:00am – 10:00am
Mistletoe State Park is a part of the Department of Natural Resources’ Division of State Parks & Historic Sites which manages more than 60 properties that preserve the state’s environment and history. From the Blue Ridge Mountains to the Colonial Coast, our sites offer an exceptional variety of resources:
- Mountains & Canyons
- Forests, Fields & Marshes
- Waterfalls, Lakes, Swamps & Rivers
- Battlefields, Historic Homes & Native American Sites
Through these sites, we provide important habitat for plants and animals, give people a place to enjoy the outdoors, and protect historic places where future generations can learn about the past. Our mission is to protect our state’s natural beauty and historic integrity while providing opportunities for public enjoyment and education.
We are looking for outstanding volunteers to assist us with the following two projects:
1. Restoring one of our facilities below the beach house so it can be used for interpretative programs. This room is currently poorly maintained and we have issues keeping it clean. Our intentions is to completely clean this room out, repaint it, and make any repairs necessary. Once the project is complete we will be able to use this room to assist in our interpretative programming.
2. Mistletoe has 15 miles of trails and they require constant maintenance. Our second volunteer opportunity will be getting to do trail clean up. This involves removing any fallen trees, debris or trash that is a hindrance to hikers on our trails. In addition, there will be a chance to work in our garden and make improvements to the grounds here at Mistletoe.
Families and children are welcome to come volunteer at Mistletoe. There is no age restriction or parent consent form required. Trail clean up would be real enjoyable and easy for young children.
Come help us protect Georgia’s natural beauty and historic integrity!
Event LocationMistletoe State Park, 3725 Mistletoe Rd.
Appling, GA, 30802