- Online Registration Available
- 1 Project Available
The Alzheimer’s Association leads the way to end Alzheimer’s and all other dementia — by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
To make our Saturday, November 6th event a success, we will need help in these areas:
- Setup- putting up tables, chairs, setting up the Promise Garden Flowers, placing signs(informational, directional, etc) around the venue, and placing other event items in their place.
- Greeters: Greeters will provide direction on how to check in electronically, give directions to participants on what’s next, and similar requests before participants enter venue.
- Cheer Stations Hosts-During the walk it self, there will be different cheer stations where cowbells and other tools can be used to cheer on the walkers as they walk throughout the venue
- Thank You Brigade: We need volunteers stationed at the end of the walk to thank our walkers!!!
- Clean Up Crew- We need the tables, chairs, signage, etc taken down and packed up, loaded into vehicles to take back to the Alzheimer’s Association office.
- Set-Up can start bright and early that morning, needs to be completed by 9:30 am. The event itself kicks off with registration at 10 am, the opening ceremony at 11 am, and the walk will start immediately after ceremony. Clean-Up will happen once we have concluded the event. We are usually done with clean-up by 2:00 pm, but note this could change.
- Flexibility is key this year, as safety guidelines can change and our event needs could change, but we are moving forward with plans
For the health and safety of our constituents, volunteers acting on behalf of the Alzheimer’s Association at outdoor in-person events must either be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a negative COVID test during the week prior to the event.
Walk to End Alzheimer’s Event Volunteers